Pages

Sunday, February 8, 2015

"Major" Decisions



And by major decisions, I mean my concentration within my major...get it? No? That's alright.

So as some may know, I'm a health science major with a concentration in bioscience. Well at least I was before last week. 

This week I finally figured out that bioscience was not something I was interested in doing at the moment. With that concentration I'd be required to take a lot of science with lab classes (so so time consuming). I've switched over into the public health side of healthcare and I'm excited. I can now take classes like health disparities, issues in global health, and sociology of  mental illness. Those are the type of classes I know that I like and that I don't dread going into. Now I don't have to worry that I didn't get to take the classes I wanted to in college. They were are the types of classes I wanted to take to begin with but there wasn't any time if I wanted to graduate in time and take a whole bunch of science classes with lab. 

This is a huge deal for me because I guess I'm starting to figure out in which direction I want to take my degree and I'm no longer without a plan. 

If I end up changing my mind and go back to bioscience, it would be easy since I already have a good amount of the classes done. But for now, I'm happy with my decision.

                                                                                   Twitter Instagram Tumblr Pinterest Bloglovin' 

3 comments:

  1. You are lucky to have been able to switch your major! I went into college stuck on one path. Needless to say I'm no longer in that field; all I can say is follow your heart it always knows best!

    xo,
    Jessica
    The Petite Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't figuring out your college major/decision stressful?! I'm about to finish my degree in psychology and absolutely LOVE the discipline, but now am having a hard time figuring out how to apply it to the work force. I'm thinking about getting my master's degree in public health, because it seems like an interesting field that can have a huge impact. If I could do it all over again, I probably would have majored in that to begin with.

    Jenny
    fromthedeskofj.com

    ReplyDelete