Pages

Monday, March 2, 2015

No Spend March






































As some of you may know, I'm a college student. A broke college student to clarify.

These past few months I MAY have gotten a little too spend happy and I may or may not have bought some things I could have lived without. Now that I've checked my bank account and scared myself back to reality, it's time to cut back and save up again.

So as I look back and think of the things I spent my money on, most of it leads back to food. Whether it be fast food or going out to eat, I just don't like making my own food. I take the easy way out and just go out and get it. I'll see how that goes when I'm forced to make my own food and actually try. I also bought some clothes and other stuff, but that I can just not go shopping and I'll be fine.

In March, I am vowing to spend less on pretty much everything, except the necessities. That means I'm going to have to use all of my clothes instead of buying more, make my food instead of buying it made, use the makeup I already have and etc.

At least for this month.

(also the picture is a shameless excuse for a selfie)



                                                              Twitter Instagram Tumblr Pinterest Bloglovin'


17 comments:

  1. Girl,
    You can do it especially since I have done it since January 1st. If you need some encouragement you know where to find me!

    xo, Jessica || The Petite Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesss! What a good attitude. I usually live like that (even when I do need something I'm kind of like "eh, I rather save up my money) but I've been investing in some things I really needed. Have to cut back on that this month too! Good luck!

    xx naomi @ Naomi in Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Investing in things is always good! Good luck to you too!

      Delete
  3. You go girl! I suppose I should do that. But March is my birthday month and I'm already sensing I'll be using that as an excuse to buy a few more things I do not need in my life.

    But birthdays only come once a year. . . right? lol

    Thank you for your comment on my US Lifestyle Blog www.rebekahkoontzsite.com!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha that's an exception that is appropriate, I mean it only comes once a year

      Delete
  4. You can do it! But good luck even so! Fast food is defiantly my downfall need to start cooking myself too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been cooking for myself and I guess it's okay! I feel you on that fast food

      Delete
  5. I'm with you on the no spend March! I work full time and yet can't seem to afford much! I need to keep off the internet so I don't do to much online shopping haha x

    LauraThinksAbout

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, online shopping is so dangerous for me because it's so easy and convenient!

      Delete
  6. I need to apply this to next month at least. I just returned from vacation and all I've done is buy decor for my house.. I'm poor!
    Tegan xx - Permanent Procrastination

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha well if you needed it, you can say it was an investment

      Delete
  7. great goal! It'll be a good challenge for March I'm sure! =)
    xo,
    nancy

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you just spend your money on necessities, just your needs and not your wants (eg. you need food but you want ice cream), your money will go a long long way. Trust me, I've been broke too. :)

    Hang in there. Abundance is coming. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll find out at the end of the month but now it's hard haha

      Delete
  9. I need to do this too! Good luck! Can't wait to hear how it goes!

    ReplyDelete